Friday, October 30, 2009

Timberline Lodge/The Burrito Place

When I was a little kid I wanted to drive on an interstate until the road ended as soon as I got my license. I have never done that, but a lot of times I do want to skip my destination (work, home) and just keep driving down the road.

On Friday I was so stoked to have a day off I wanted to drive to another town or state or country and I sent text messages to a few people asking if they were interested.

Mary got back to me with the idea of driving up to Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood. She said she'd pack us a lunch and that we could stop and walk down different trails on the way. So that's what we did, and it was beautiful and wonderful.

Once we got to the lodge we walked around in the snow (snow!) and fog and wandered inside to the bar. We drank hot beverages and looked out the window at the wind blowing the snow around and watched people taking wedding pictures below us by the huge fireplace.

A few hours later we drove back to Portland and ended up going to a restaurant called "The Burrito Place" that was having a karaoke Halloween party. The Burrito Place had free tacos and jello shots called "panny droppers." We were the youngest people there by at least ten years. The men were all hammered and the women were all drinking soda. One woman wearing scrubs looked particularly unhappy and bored and was holding her purse like she was ready to leave at any second, but her husband kept getting more and more drinks. She stared at the table and looked like she was on the verge of tears. When Mary sang "Love Shack" the woman smiled.



No comments:

Post a Comment