Thursday, October 15, 2009

Joey Comeau and Grizzly Bear

I went to see Joey Comeau and Zack Vandezande read from their books at Reading Frenzy. There was free beer and I was right next to the beer table, so I got a little tipsy. After the reading when Joey Comeau was signing my book I said things like "I had to wait a long time" and "I drank the free beer" and he said "feeling a little goofy eh?" He also said that maybe he had a speech impediment and not a Canadian accent. Zach Vandezande read some short stories that are on his blog and then he read from his book.... I LOVED his short stories a lot.



When that was over I went to see Grizzly Bear play at the Crystal Ballroom. I met Kait and a friend of hers there. The concert started really early and was over really early. We walked to Voodoo donuts afterwards and Kait and her friend talked about domain names. They shared their bacon maple bars with me and it was awesome. Then I conned Logan into picking me up and we watched part of Friday the 13th together. I fell asleep.... I am holding out for the 3rd one in 3d though.

A good time... two of my favorite things within like five blocks of each other on the same night. Portland rulez.

No comments:

Post a Comment