Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rockaway Beach

On Saturday Logan and I drove to Rockaway Beach. I burned Robyn, Karen O and the Kids, Girls, Outkast, and the Dodos for the drive. We listened to the Robyn cd at least three times. Such a pretty drive! We stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory to get ice cream. I got a scoop of mango sorbet in a cone and on the way out to the car the whole scoop fell on the ground. So sad. When we got to Rockaway there were all these tents everywhere, apparently it was the weekend of the Rock festival? This seemed to involve corn dogs, live music, and weird crafts... I'm not certain though because we didn't pay the $5 admission.

We made ourselves at home at the Silver Sands motel by drinking a growler of Deschutes' Hop Trip and throwing pictures around. We discovered the previous guests taped white paper with drawings on it to the back of the hotel art. Coolest idea ever. Later we drove to Garibaldi for dinner. The only restaurant on the water was this place called "Pirates Cove" that looked like a dump from the outside but sold $100 lobster tail. After dinner I was soooo full I couldn't really make myself do anything. We divulged in a guilty pleasure at the motel room later: cable television.

No comments:

Post a Comment