Tuesday, October 6, 2009

hoop dreams


First blog post! I've been thinking about forcing myself to go somewhere new everyday, or see or do something new everyday, and then record it in a blog. Kait's 40 days of awesomeness inspired me to actually start.

Today was definitely awesome. A perfect fall day: 69 degrees and sunny, leaves just starting to turn.

Dave made a top 100 songs list the other day and included Late by Ben Folds. It's Ben Folds' tribute to Elliot Smith. I love the verse: Elliot, man, you played a mean guitar/ and some dirty basketball/ the songs you wrote/ got me through a lot/ just want to tell you that.

Today after breakfast I asked Logan if he'd teach me how to play basketball. I meant sometime eventually in the future, but he said "sure, let's go." So went to Fred Meyer and bought a basketball and went to the park. I have NEVER played basketball before.

We went to the courts and I lobbed a basketball around (throwing it from behind my shoulder, mostly, and grunting everytime just to get it four feet in the air.) Awesome!








No comments:

Post a Comment