Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blue Heron French Cheese Company

I woke up around 5am and saw the sun rising over the ocean out of the motel window. I tried to make myself get up but I passed out again for a few hours.

Logan somehow convinced me to run into the ocean and then the hot tub. Just putting on my wet bathing suit was brutal! It was fun running on the beach, especially since we've both had Where the Wild Things Are in our brains.

After we checked out of the Silver Sands we wandered around the little town and went into the Thundercade. We played some hunting game forever (and shot at wolves), before discovering a way more awesome game where you just have to shoot peanuts into zoo animals' mouths. Much better!

On our way back to Portland we stopped at the Blue Heron French Cheese Company. Rad place with wine and cheese tastings and a petting zoo! It turns out I love animals but am also scared of them. At least putting my hand up to their mouth when I don't know them. Also, some goats almost strangled me while trying to eat my scarf.

Right outside of town we followed wooden signs that only said "Apples" and had arrows for five miles. I got a delicious $5 bag, and enjoyed the sunset on the country roads. Perfect weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment