Friday, November 6, 2009

Warming Center

I woke up and met Logan at the gym. I tried to run on the treadmill but mostly walked. A show called Franny's Feet was on TV and I really liked it. From what I could tell, some little girl puts on shoes and they transport her somewhere where she talks to animals and learns something, comes back home with a trinket, and then her grandpa does something cute with her like go puddle jumping. She says stuff like "I wonder where my feet will take me today."

Afterwards I went home and put on purple tights and a black dress and went to a job interview. When I got home from that I made soup and read Where I'm Calling From by Raymond Carver.

At 7:30 I went to shadow a shift at the Transition Projects Warming Center. An empty office building where up to 90 people can sleep, eat ramen noodles, and play Monopoly. Including couples. I worked at the Warming Center full time last year and I saw a couple of the same people. We played Monopoly until I left at 11:30pm. I went to Rotture after that with Logan and the place was totally empty, so we left after one beer to go drink another beer at The Nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment