Sunday, November 1, 2009

9mths

On Sunday I woke up early and wanted to clean up from the party. I walked to Plaid Pantry to get some garbage bags and I saw 3 men standing on the side of the building with bags of recycling. I asked them if they wanted some cans and bottles. I told them it'd take me about twenty minutes to clean everything up and get the cans and bottles to them. They offered to help clean and I said I didn't feel comfortable having strangers come back with me. One man said, "I'm not going to stalk you or nothin'." He said, "Twenty minutes" and I confirmed it.
I went back to Logan's and put all the glass bottles in one bag and all the aluminum cans in another bag. I dragged the two bags back to the Plaid Pantry and a woman was at the side of the building with a small dog but the three men weren't there. I stood there for a moment, then left the two bags near a bench by the side of the building and started to walk away.
The woman with a small dog said, "Don't leave your trash there, we pay to have people take it away."
I said, "Oh, I told some people I'd give them my recycling so they can exchange it for money. They're not here so I'm going to leave it here for them."
She said, "We're trying to clean this area up. The cops were here awhile ago cleaning them all up. Leave the bags outside your house, someone will take them."

Then her small dog took a shit on the ground and she walked away. I walked ten feet away from the side of the building and left the two bags on the sidewalk there.

After that Logan woke up and I started feeling insanely sick. He drove me home and I barfed in the shower. I crawled into bed and made a shopping list: saltines, ginger ale, bread, grapes, peppermint tea. Logan went to the store and brought me home what I wanted. We ate toast and drank tea and napped. Later on we got Thai take-out from Monsoon on Mississippi (half restaurant, half laundromat.) We watched the movie I had from Netflix, Zodiac. Then we napped again and I woke up and had to go to work. It was our nine month anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment