Friday, January 29, 2010

exdads on facebook and rd laing

I guess I feel like, if they have time to have a facebook, why don't they have time to send me a card or an email or a message? Am I supposed to add them? Message them? Email my stepdad and ask, why did you stop talking to me. Email my dad and ask, why did you leave and never talk to me again. You obviously talk to other people. I can see a list of them, on that website we're both on. It seems so High Fidelity, but with family members. Do I just get over it?

The other person's behavior is an experience of mine. My behavior is an experience of the other. The task of social phenomenology is to relate my experience of the other's behavior to the other's experience of my behavior.

I cannot experience your experience. You cannot experience my experience. We are both invisible men. All men are invisible to one another. Experience is man's invisibility to man.

No comments:

Post a Comment